Saturday, November 26, 2011

Home Made Bunny Toy

Bunnies love to play, and if you can keep them occupied with some great toys they really love it.  One great idea is to recycle what you already have, and I discovered that my bunnies love to play with a salt box.  Here's what I did.

I took a salt box like this and removed the metal spout carefully.  You don't want to leave this on; bunnies could get hurt.  Then, I made sure that every grain of remaining salt was poured out.  Salt is not good for bunnies.


Then I stuffed a few of myt rabbits' favorite treats inside.  A friend bought me these and they love them.  They only get them once in a while.

I placed the salt box toy inside of the box where the bunnies like to hang out during the day.  Almost immediately my Rosalie pushed it out with her nose and started rolling it around to try to get the treats out.  It was fun watching her!  Humphrey wanted no parts of it yet.





Here is a picture of Rosalie while she's shedding.  She won't let me brush her while she's trying to explore and do bunny things.  She makes me wait until she is tired.  When she looks like this I call her "Rosie Rufflebutt."

No comments:

Post a Comment